Those planets, which are ruling at the time of the query and contribute for the fructification of the event, are called “Ruling Planets”.
The following are the principles involved in the selection of the ruling planets:
• The ruling planets at the time of query would be the ruling planets at the time of fructification of the event.
• The ruling planets as the time of birth would be the ruling planets at the time of query or vice-versa
Note: The time of judgment of the astrologer can be taken in case the time of query is not noted.
Ruling Planets are divine tool and is the important extract for horoscope judgment and they are seven in general in the descending order (from the powerful to the least) –
1. Lagna Sub Lord;
2. Lagna Star Lord;
3. Lagna Lord;
4. Moon Sub Lord;
5. Moon Star Lord;
6. Moon Sign Lord; and
7. Day Lord.
In earlier times; under practice; many KP Stalwarts had used 4 Direct RP’s known as LSRD; they according to strength order are
L: Lagna Lord,
S: Starlord of Moon,
R: Rashi Lord of Moon, and
D: Day Lord.
Guruji KSK has considered mainly 5 Direct RP’s (according to strength wise) and they are –
1. Lagna Star Lord;
2.Lagna Sign Lord;
3.Moon Star Lord;
4.Moon Sign Lord; and
5. Day Lord.
1. KSK recommended that Day Lord should be considered from Sunrise to next Sunrise.
2. When applied to the natal chart, ruling planets will agree fully with Dasha (DBA) in operation.
3. Planet(s) strongly aspects or conjoins or in aspects or conjoined by (1) to (7) ruling planets should be treated as “Extended Ruling Planets” and can also be included in the ruling planets; if required necessarily.
4. If any of the ruling planets is posited both in star and sub of retrograde planet or posited in star of a direct planet but in a sub of retrograde planet; reject that planet from the list of ruling planets. If any of the ruling planets is posited in star of retrograde planet but is in sub of a direct planet, ignore or give least preference to that planet during the period of retrogression of its starlord planet; and accept the remaining ruling planets. If any ruling planet is retrograde, but in the star an sub of planets in direct motion; that ruling planet can be taken. However that ruling planet gives its results until it becomes in direct motion.
5. A ruling planet is in star and sub of another ruling planet(s) is powerful. A ruling planet deposited in own sub is very powerful. If a ruling planet appears multiple times in the RP’s list, then it gets more power and should be treated as stronger.
6. A strong ruling planet cannot fructify the desired result, if it is conjoined with or aspected by Saturn. In the case of ‘Punarphoo’, the Moon in the capacity of a ruling planet cannot be useful.
7. If a ruling planet is in a sub of another ruling planet who is the detrimental to the house(s) under consideration; then it will not be a fruitful ruling planet.
8. Although Sun’s position is not included as an ruling planet; observes that if the sign lord and star lord of Sun are common among the already selected RPs, then sign lord and star lord of Sun become strongest to offer results according to their disposition.
9. Rules regarding Nodes and RP’s: Rahu and Ketu are always move in the opposite direction; as such consider Rahu and Ketu are never retrograde.
• If a node is conjoined with an RP, then the node is an agent for that RP;
• If a node is aspected by an RP, then the node is an agent for that RP;
• If a node is in the sign owned by an RP, then the node is an agent for that RP;
• If a node is in star of an RP, then the node is an agent for that RP.
But if the node is in sub of a retrograde planet; then the node carries no strength.
“Node(s) are the representative of planet(s); but planet(s) are not the representative of nodes”; keeping this principle in mind; in exception, in a horary chart; when a node is directly appears as an RP; then include the outer planet(s) (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) as RP’s if they conjoined to nodes within the limit of orb of influence as explained above.
10. For ‘Aspect’ calculation, it is recommended to use ‘Hindu Aspects’ for the treatment of ruling planets.
11. If the occupant or the owner of 11th house or RP Lagna Sub Lord is a fast moving planet the event will take place early; and if it is a slow moving planet, the event will take a long time to fructify. Fast moving planets: Moon, Venus, Mercury, Sun. and Mars.
Slow moving planets: Jupiter, Saturn, Rahu, and Ketu.
Get free daily horoscope on Astrolok.
Here you can read astrology articles related to marriage astrology, nadi astrology, love horoscope, horoscope matching, mangal dosh and many more. Astrolok provides online vedic astrology courses where you can learn astrology online.
Astrolok is one of the famous astrology institute based in Indore where you can learn vedic astrology, marriage astrology, nadi astrology,horoscope matching through live vedic astrology classes. It is a free platform to write astrology articles. Become a part of it by registering at https://www.astrolok.in/index.php/welcome/register